Your First Orthodontist Visit
Your first visit to the doctor typically includes pictures of your smile and your teeth, as well as X-rays that allow the doctor to view:
- Structure of the jaw
- Position of teeth that have erupted or are waiting to still come in
- Malformed roots
The first visit also involves getting your medical history. We’ll need the following information to select the safest, most effective treatment for you:
- Complete, up-to-date information on your health
- Information on recent hospitalization, surgery, or illness
- Names, doses, and frequency of any medications you are taking — whether prescription or over-the-counter products
- Name of your physician
- Any changes in your health or medications
After the doctor has evaluated your records, we discuss any follow-up treatment with you in detail, including the cost for your particular case.
Regular checkup appointments typically take 20 to 40 minutes. Patients are seen by appointment only. We make every effort to be on time for our patients, and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us immediately.