Why Do I Need Braces?
Braces effectively correct a patient’s smile, regardless of their age. A beautiful smile is the most obvious benefit of braces, but braces also improve a patient’s bite, chew, and overall oral health. Once the braces come off, patients feel more self-confident. During treatment, we want our patients to feel as comfortable as possible.
How Orthodontic Treatment Works
By placing a constant, gentle force in a carefully controlled direction, braces slowly move teeth to a corrected position. Early treatment is the best treatment. Thanks to various technology improvements, patients can:
- Choose between metal, ceramic, or plastic braces
- Use removable braces or brackets bonded to the teeth
- Choose bracket and tie colors
- Enjoy less noticeable wires, and more comfortable materials
- Request clear braces
Duration of Treatment
Treatment time typically ranges from one to three years, depending on the growth of the patient’s mouth and face and the severity of the problem.
- Patients grow at different rates and will respond variously to orthodontic treatment, so the time to case completion may differ from the original estimate.
- The patient’s diligent use of any prescribed rubber bands or headgear is an important factor in achieving the most efficient treatment.
- Interceptive, or early treatment procedures, may take as few as six months.